Media Applications and Information
All requests for a media pass must be received by Monday 17th July 2023.
Please read carefully the points below before applying for a Media Accreditation Application Form.
The MCUI no longer issues Media Passes, each club must set out guidelines and conditions to ensure that all media personal have suitable insurance and meet the criteria for a Media Pass.
- Media passes are only available for recognised news gathering media outlets. This means you must work for a newspaper or magazine type publication.
- You must include a letter commissioning you to cover the Armoy Road Races; signed by the editor or another relevant representative of the publication, which may be checked for authenticity.
- You must include three examples of the applicant’s work that have been published during the past three years which are relevant to the event in a recognised publication or high profile website.
- Photographic ID. All passes require a passport sized photograph. Please ensure that you send one passport sized photograph of yourself plus one for file with your application. No accreditations will be issued without photographs.
- For photographers, a £20 deposit is required at ‘Sign On’ for an official AMRRC Media Vest which will be refunded on return of the Vest. All photographers working around the Armoy course must wear the media tabard at all times.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the above criteria.
***** DRONE CAMERAS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE ARMOY RACES
VIDEO RECORDING OF RACES BY RIDERS: Only competitors authorised by the Clerk of the Course will be permitted to film from onboard cameras. Applications must be made in writing to the Clerk of the Course no later than one week prior to the race. Where such approval is granted, the installation of the camera and associated equipment is further subject to the approval of the Chief Scrutineer. A copy of Insurance policy (valid up to an amount of £2M) must be forwarded with entry form prior to the closing date for inspection, otherwise no on-board cameras will be permitted.